This sensor hub is to connect two PL-xxx current sensors in parallel. The current of both sensors will be summarized and passed to the flight controller (FC). The voltage measurement of the LiPo packs will be collected from both sensors and passed through the Hub to the FC.
The main purpose of this hub is to replace existing protection circuits (like an ideal diode) and to monitor, that both paralleled LiPo’s supply the same current to the system.
Since we monitor the current of both batteries, we will find out very early when a LiPo starts to fail… before it is too late.
If the difference in current is larger than +/- 15%, the Alarm output will be ON to indicate the fault… the pilot should immediately land and check the batteries.
To set up a complete system you also need:
- 2 x Current sensor board:
- 2 x PL-050 = 2 x 50A = 0-100A Total, or
- 2 x PL-100 = 2 x 100A = 0-200A Total, or
- 2 x PL-200 = 2 x 200A = 0-400A Total
- 1x Power supply, which can be any of the Premium-Line series BEC’s
- 1 x PL Sensor Hub X2 with CFK Enclosure
- 2 x 150mm Sensor Cable (4pin Molex 1.25mm)
- 1 x 100mm Alarm output cable (3pin Molex 1.25mm)